REGISTRATION is OPEN for the Artist Online Gallery 2021
INTRODUCTION: For the past 30 years, OSH has been an expansive, city-wide event providing a great place for artists to show their work to thousands of visitors in a face-to-face environment, sell artwork or custom services, nurture dedicated followers and develop new relationships. In recent years, 400 artists have participated annually in dozens of venues bringing thousands of visitors to Hartford's neighborhoods. Artists In Real Time, Inc. (ART), producers of OSH, support and promote the arts, the individual artists and their work, while inspiring community creativity.
- 2020 / 2021 Creation of the Online Gallery: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, OSH 2020 featured a brand-new Online Gallery and individual Artist Profiles with images, prices, other information, links and videos. We hope to continue to offer opportunities for sales and visibility at a reasonable rate without in-person studio visits, setting up a space as a visiting artist or manning the event for an entire weekend. This year we will add more artists to the gallery! By-appointment visits to your studio are optional.
- Plans are to increase promotions of the gallery and encourage sales: New features on the website and marketing are focused on increasing community awareness and audience numbers by giving visitors the freedom to access artists and artwork by browsing our Online Gallery and discovering new artists at their convenience.
- Artist Profile Pages: Your profile is custom designed to suit you. For those that do not have their own website, it can act as your own mini-website. We will work closely with each artist to create a page that includes your information, images, links and videos.
- DATES & DEADLINES - Instead of an in-person weekend-long event, this year, we will continue adding to our Online Gallery. The complete gallery and individual profiles will remain open until the next live Open Studio Hartford is planned. No deadlines apply; your registration will be processed upon receipt.
- ONLINE GALLERY - Artists are represented in an attractive Online Gallery featuring one artwork of your choosing, along with your Publication Name and either medium, price range, or cost of the shown artwork which clicks to the Artist Profile Page.
- ARTIST PROFILE PAGES - Individual artist pages have many new features. Along with name, medium and description of your work, your 4 images will have captions that include title, dimensions and price. You can include ALL your contact information as you wish. The Artist Statement/Bio field will accept "unlimited" copy, information, additional artwork, links to your pre-existing online content AND VIDEO files and links.
- PREVIOUS ARTIST PROFILE PAGES – You do not need to re-register if you are already in the Online Gallery. If you have participated years prior to 2020, you can request a ink to your previous Artist Profile to use as a guide. For more information, contact Cynthia Bulaong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VIDEOS - Artist can provide video interviews, studio tours and live demonstrations by including files or links with your registration or adding them throughout the promotional period. OSH will try to assist those that may not have the means or expertise to produce their own video. Videos will appear on Artist Profile Pages and be used for online promotions.
-SALES - Attention will be called to sales immediately upon visitor engagement on the Home Page and Online Gallery. Currently, each artist will manage their own sales. Assistance is available by Artists in Real Time,Inc.
- FEES - $25 covers the inclusion in the Online Gallery and production of your Profile page. If you cannot afford your fee, ART may be able to help. Sponsorships, artist sponsorships and tax deductible donations are accepted. No deadlines apply.
- OPENING YOUR STUDIO or VENUE (OPTIONAL) - One-on-One visits can be scheduled by appointment. OSH offers assistance as needed. CDC guidelines should be followed including the use of face masks and social distancing.
- REGISTRATION – Online form CLICK HERE. Once your form is received, OSH will be in touch to instruct you of your next steps and to see and proofread your profile page. Additional images, copy, links and videos will be accepted.
2020 Registration Form PDF (please check back for 2021 hardcopy forms)
2020 Registration Form Type-In Word document